Hiring Certified Flight Instructor
Morrisville, NC | Full Time
The purpose of this position is to provide the highest quality flight and ground lesson training to Blue Line’s students, using proscribed syllabi, outlines, and manuals.
- Private pilot license
- Instrument license
- Commercial pilot license
- CFI rating
- CFII rating
- 1st Class Medical
- Flight Instruction: 1 year (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Ability to apply learned knowledge in practice
- Ability to provide quality training based on measured student performance
- Ability and knowledge to provide a safe learning and working environment
- Ability to effectively manage time for self and student learning
- Ability to advocate for self and students
- Ability to connect meaningfully with others
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communications
- Ability to work effectively as a team
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to think systemically, critically, and analytically
- Adaptable and flexible with work schedule
- Ability to make on the spot decisions
- Reliably and consistently on time and on task
- Familiarity with Blue Line Syllabi, Training Course Outlines, Safety Practices and Procedures manuals, and other Part 141 and Blue Line procedures.
- Proficiency and familiarity with Blue Line Aviation Aircraft including:
- Aircraft limitations
- Maximum airspeeds
- Performance and maneuverability
- Weight and balance
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following:
- 141 Training Course Outlines
- Federal Aviation Regulations
- FAA Record Keeping Requirement
- Maintain current knowledge needed to provide quality and accurate instruction to students.
- Construct and deliver course content, utilizing appropriate and approved teaching strategies and resources that actively engage students and achieve desired student outcomes.
- Deliver flight and ground training in accordance with Blue Line Syllabi, Training Course Outlines, Safety Practices and Procedures manuals, and other Part 141 and Blue Line procedures.
- Demonstrate and apply working knowledge of visual, auditory, and kinesthetic teaching styles to efficiently and accurately instruct students in accordance with the Aviation Instructors Handbook.
- Maintain professional interactions with a diverse student population by providing timely and accurate feedback that supports learning.
- Apply assessment and checkride results to address possible deficiencies and improve instruction effectiveness.
- Maintain and accurately document student progress and records according to 141 requirements.
- Identify students that are struggling with the curriculum or are falling behind schedule. Notify manager so that deficiencies can be addressed appropriately.
- Identify long-term and short-term goals in student learning and integrate assessments at regular intervals to support and measure learning objectives.
Apply for This Position Today